Never Perfect...

Pride always seems to be my biggest enemy but babbyyy never mind your stubborn ways. Stupid fights sleepless nights never would of guessed. If I dialed your old number maybe it wont be too late ….damn! It seems the jokes on me. Go ahead and laugh cause we both know there’s nothing left to say.
I gotta try I have to know. A fairytale we once were. I love you…I waited all my life for this. I just gotta tell you I never pretended to be perfect.
Although I tried with all my mite…ready to fight …here we go again.
Protected and guarded maybe You never gave me your heart. I guess I never got your all. The thoughts have me dazed and confused.  They say Love is blind ..
Baby let me tell you it plays all kinds of tricks on your mind.
I thought I saw it…that look in your eyes…wait thats just a picture. Is that really all we have left …maybe ill keep them..who am I kidding…before long they will be shattered, torn to pieces… much the same way you left me.
Remember how it all started…just a simple wave passing through a gym. A phone call that turned into a hundred more…a dinner date that lasted till the sun came up. 
I thought it was real. Happily ever after…right? I guess that’s why its just me and these four walls. The days always come and go…one thing I know  another will find a way to the horizon.
On the other hand I wonder what you would say…. You and I …are we anything  more than a clock on the wall … the hands are ticking away
Brian Angelo Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment