Dad

I am not a betting man by any means, but let’s assume I was for a minute. I would not hesitate to take everything I had (not much by the way lol) and lay it all on the line. I would gamble the roof over my head and my entire future to prove what I believe to be fact. Parents, grandparents, or guardians, regardless of the circumstances in which each of us grew up, all had a common goal.
Dad
When I look back, I can see the sacrifices you made for me were endless. Sometimes blinded by my own ego, I never took the time to notice. Headstrong and stubborn, one day just like you I hope. You’ve provided the bed I lay in and the food I consume. Constantly going above and beyond. Waking each morning for a day job, coming home, but just for a minute cause it’s time mow. How you do it, I just don’t know.
Twenty Years ago from the trunk of your car. A mower and some garden tools. Just so we could have it all. Thank you, but I know that will never be enough. I look up too you more than you will ever realize. The guidance and wisdom you’ve given me are priceless tools that can never be replaced! I’m not perfect and honestly my mistakes have been endless, but through it all you were always there. Standing by me, respecting my choices even when you knew better. Letting me learn from my own mistakes and never being afraid to say, “I told you so”. No, I am not where I should be yet. I understand it takes time and determination. Through your actions, I learned life will  hand you nothing, nor should it. You’ve proven to me, things will not alway’s be easy or for that matter go according to plan. Because of you I learned that without hard work and dedication achievements will be few and far between.
When the time comes and I am blessed with my own, my only hope is that I can be half the man you are. I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment